About the Principal
Annette Landry has more than 20 years of experience in BKW schools, serving as a guidance counselor from 1996 to 2015, and serving as acting assistant principal and athletic director at Berne-Knox-Westerlo secondary school in 2015-16, before becoming elementary principal. She is a 1988 graduate of BKW.
November 20, 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians,
All of us here at BKW are committed to creating a wonderful school community for our little learners, especially during this unique and challenging school year. Parents, we can’t thank you enough for your patience during these first few months of school. There has been quite a lot to learn, and many, many discussions about how best to support both our remote and in-person students.
We truly appreciate the encouragement and constructive feedback we have received during all of our parent/teacher conferences. When thinking about how to make this year a little brighter for our students, our super faculty began planning a very special “top-secret” surprise for Wednesday, 11/25. This event will be right before students dismiss for Thanksgiving break. Remote students will receive a Zoom meeting link on Tuesday, so they may join in the fun on Wednesday too!
Please contact your child’s teacher with questions and additional information. Also, a few of you have inquired about how to receive notifications through the district BLACKBOARD communications system. Please go to the homepage on the BKW website. At the bottom of the homepage, click the blackboard link, enter your email information, and hit save. This will allow you to receive important districtwide information in a timely fashion.
If our school is required to return to remote instruction, you will receive instructions again from your child’s teacher regarding instructional meeting times, device pick-up procedures, and other pertinent information to assist in a smooth transition.
Please remember to fill out the emergency contact form to ensure your email and cell phone number are correct in our student management system.
Thank you again for sharing your children with us. During this unsettling time, they bring us much hope and happiness. Wishing you all a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.
Message from November 19, 2020
Dear BKW Elementary Parents,
- All student pickups will be in lot A after 1:30 p.m.
- The laminated pickup pass should visible on your dashboard.
- Parents who need to pick up their child early for an appointment should call the Elementary main office and pick them up in front of the Elementary main entrance.
- All students are eligible for free meals through the remainder of this school year.
- Contact Lateef Clark with any meal-related questions.
- The COVID-19 attestation survey needs to be completed every day by 7:30 a.m.
- Parents need to complete their emergency contact form update by December 4. Download Emergency Contact Form due Dec 4 , 2020
- Please contact the school nurse, Mrs. Johnson, with any COVID-related questions.
- Remote students transitioning to in person instruction will do so on Monday, Dec. 7.
As always, please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.