Voters approve 2021-22 budget and bus proposition, elect Lisa Joslin to Board of Education
District residents voted 269-65 to approve a $23.67 proposed budget for the 2021-22 school year on May 18, 2021. They also approved 265-69 a proposition to purchase three 72-passenger school buses and two 28-passenger buses, and they elected Lisa Joslin to serve a three-year term on the Board of Education. Read full article
Board adopts proposed 2021-22 district budget; vote is May 18
The BKW Board of Education on April 19 adopted a $23.67 proposed budget for the 2021-22 school year which lowers the district tax levy while maintaining educational programs.
A public vote on the proposed budget will be held 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., Tuesday, May 18, in the BKW Elementary School cafeteria. Click here for voter registration and absentee ballot information.
2021-22 Budget Documents
- 2021-22 Budget Postcard Mailer
- May 4 Budget Hearing Presentation
- 2021-22 School Budget Notice
- 2021-22 Property Tax Report Card
- Required Compensation Information 2021-22
- 2019-20 New York State School Report Card
- Comparison Budget Summary
- 2021-22 Revenue Budget
- 2021-22 3-Part Budget
- 2021-22 Budget Exemption Impact Reports
- Fiscal Accountability Summary
- 10-Year Growth Comparison of BKW State Aid vs Tax Levy
2020-21 school year budget archive
Tax rates are set by the Board of Education in August.
School tax bills were mailed to residents on Aug. 31, 2020. Tax bills are penalty-free if paid by Oct. 5, 2020; on Oct. 6, a 2 percent penalty is added to bills. All bills must be postmarked by Oct. 31, 2020.
District residents can look up information about past and present school tax bills by clicking on the Tax Bill Lookup link in the righthand column of this page.
If you have any questions regarding your assessment or exemptions, or a change of address to report, contact a local assessor at the following numbers:
- Town of Berne: (518) 872-1448
- Town of Knox: (518) 669-6459
- Town of Middleburgh: (518) 827-4887
- Town of New Scotland: (518) 439-9020
- Town of Rensselaerville: (518) 797-3798
- Town of Westerlo: (518) 797-9265
- Town of Wright: (518) 872-9726