Dear BKW Secondary School students, families and staff,
As a result of a number of teachers and/or staff members being quarantined by the Albany County Department of Health due to possible exposure to COVID-19, all BKW Secondary School students will be on a Remote Only Learning schedule Monday, Dec. 7 and Tuesday, Dec. 8. This means:
- Students in grades 7-12 should not report to school those days but should sign in with teachers for remote instruction
- BKW Secondary School teachers have the option of instructing from their classrooms or remotely
- All other Secondary School staff should report to school as normal
- This temporary remote schedule does not affect the Elementary School or any offices
- A decision will be made on Wednesday whether or not the Secondary School will report for in person instruction after that.*
Please remember that moves like these may become necessary at any time if a significant number of BKW faculty/staff are placed in mandatory quarantine, and a staffing shortage requires that we temporarily shift a class or school building to a fully remote setting.
This notification is part of our commitment to keep you informed during these uncertain times. However, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and other privacy laws restrict district officials from disclosing or confirming any personally identifiable information. Therefore, we cannot identify by name anyone who has tested positive or is under quarantine.
Please continue to conduct at-home screenings and maintain personal awareness of COVID symptoms for your children. As always, the health and safety of the students, staff, and community in the BKW remains our top priority.
Timothy Mundell, Ed. D
BKW Superintendent of Schools
*Note: If in-person classes resume on Wednesday, Dec. 9, the Secondary School’ s monthly instructional calendar will remain as is, an L to Z day.