On May 16, voters approved a $22,657,493 budget for the 2017-18 school year. The proposed budget includes a spending increase of $65,253 from the 2016-17 budget and carries a projected reduction in the tax levy of 0.5 percent. The budget will take effect July 1.
Tax rates are set by the Board of Education in August, and school tax bills mailed at the end of August. School taxes are due by Sept. 30. There is a 2 percent penalty if paid between Oct. 1 and Oct. 31.
District residents can look up information about past and present school tax bills here.
If you have any questions regarding your assessment or exemptions, or a change of address to report, contact a local assessor at the following numbers:
- Town of Berne: 518-872-1448
- Town of Knox: 518-669-6459
- Town of Middleburgh: 518-827-4887
- Town of New Scotland: 518-439-9020
- Town of Rensselaerville: 518-797-3798
- Town of Westerlo: 518-797-9265
- Town of Wright: 518-872-9726