School Food Authorities in New York State are required to have a written and clearly communicated policy to address student meal charges.
What can be charged?
- a breakfast meal
- a lunch meal
What cannot be charged?
- Any ala carte food or snack items
- Any adult meals
What is the charge limit?
How will you know your child’s balance?
- Keep track of your students’ accounts online with the My School Bucks system.
- Charge notices will be mailed once each week. Letters are sent out for balances of $10 or greater.
- Call the Food Service Office at 518-872-5131
- Meal charges are due upon discovery or notification of an overdue balance.
- If you have repayment concerns call Claire Groudine, Food Service Director at 518-872-5131.
- Unpaid meal charges will be addressed directly with the child’s parent/guardian by phone or letter to the number or address on record.
- If the child continues to have no means or meal provided by the household, further action will be taken by the school district.
End of School Year Procedure
- All outstanding charges must be paid by the last day of school.
- All positive account balances will be carried forward to the next school year.
- Students graduating will have their funds transferred to a student sibling or may request a refund.