BKW Elementary School concluded a successful Anti-Bullying Awareness Week (Oct. 21-25) sponsored by the Student Senate.
Some of the lesson learn and discussions during the week centered on:
- Pre-Kindergarten — Kindness and being a good friend
- Kindergarten — Name calling and being a good friend – Mrs. Landry
- Grades 1-2 — Understanding and building empathy – Dr. Emmerich
- Grade 3 — Defining four types of conflict and what leads up to bullying – Mrs. Larkin
- Grades 4-6 —Cyberbullying – Deputy Bray
The week concluded with a themed dress up day on Friday where students and staff wore blue in unity to Stomp Out Bullying!