- Field trips will be postponed until deemed safe to attend.
- School assemblies will be limited/ or completed virtually (live streamed to classrooms/home).
- Community access to district buildings and facilities is prohibited until further notice.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced on Aug. 24 that school athletic teams will be able to begin practicing on Sept. 21 and that some will be allowed to play games soon after. Cuomo said that “low-risk” sports that BKW offers including soccer, cross country, swimming and golf would be allowed to begin fall activities later next month and then compete locally. Competition would follow a required number of preseason practices for all but golf, which does not mandate them. MORE INFORMATION
- Extracurricular activities will be conducted remotely. Fundraising will be assessed upon further guidance from NYSED
The BKW Central School District will partner with community based organizations to support child care needs in the community. Parties in need of child care may contact the district for assistance.