It is the duty of all concerned with middle/high school athletics:
- Learn and understand the rules of your sport. Play hard, play to win, but play fairly within the rules.
- Maintain self-control. Do not allow your emotions to distract you from the fundamentals of good sportsmanship.
- Respect your opponent.
- Show courtesy to visiting teams and officials.
- Acknowledge good play.
- Respect the integrity and judgment of officials. Never question the decision of an official.
- Be an example for your school, teammates, and opponents.
- A player who is disqualified from a contest for unsportsmanlike behavior by an official is prohibited from playing in the next regularly scheduled contest.
- A player who strikes or otherwise physically assaults an official will be subject to an extended suspension from athletic competition. A physical confrontation with an official is any incident in which a player strikes, bumps, or otherwise physically or verbally intimidates an official prior to, during, or after an athletic contest.